Don't think that I stopped running after the marathon. On the contrary, I'm trying to keep up my fitness level for whatever challenge may await me in the future. I ran two miles on the Thursday after the marathon and another two miles on Saturday. I spent the following week in Paris -- no running, but plenty of walking. Since then, I've been slowly building back up to some fairly long runs. I completed a 15K (about 9.35 miles) last Sunday, and I plan on running 15 miles tomorrow. I also purchased a fuel belt to help me with hydration issues. I'm happy to report that I am doing well.
The only race that I'm officially signed up for is the 5K Turkey Trot, a race that is limited to employees and retirees of SC Johnson (where I work) and their families. It's mainly a "celebrate fitness"-type event, so I don't know that I'll be trying to set a PR. Until then, keep on running!
Saturday, October 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment