Thursday, May 11, 2006

Real-time posting from Lake Geneva

As I mentioned in the previous post, I hope to take pictures as while I am on course at the Lake Geneva Marathon. The comments below each picture will likely be an indication of my total time after the most recently-completed mile. I'll have the mile number followed by several zeros and the time in hours, minutes, and seconds.

For example, if you see "70000010934", this means that at the completion of mile 7, my time is 1:09:34 (1 hour, 9 minutes, and 34 seconds). I'm sorry if this is confusing -- I just know that it's not always easy to hit buttons on a cell phone while running at about six miles per hour. :)

Even though the weather is forecast to be rainy and a little cold (highs around 49 degrees F), I'm still excited about the race. I've never run anywhere near Lake Geneva before, so I think it will be fun.

No comments: