Sunday, September 28, 2008

2nd Place

Yesterday, I finished in second place at Joe's Run, Walk, and Roll, which benefits United Cerebral Palsy of Southeastern Wisconsin. There were not many of what I would call "serious" runners.

I made my usual jackrabbit start and actually held the lead for the first quarter mile. I soon realized that I could not keep a sub-6:30 pace, so I eased up and the eventual winner passed me. He gradually extended his lead, and he finished a minute or so ahead of me. Nobody ever challenged me for second, so I cruised in for a time of about 21:30. This would be a personal best, but the course measured about .08 miles short of 5K. In any case, I had lots of fun on a beautiful day for running.

2 comments:

drh said...

Congrats on a great race, even with a (slightly) short course! Did you measure it on your Forerunner?

Jerry said...

dude! awesome! be the ball