Monday, December 15, 2008

Luke 10:25-37

Yesterday afternoon, I managed to run four miles outdoors. It was my first outdoor run in at least a week, and with the weather turning quite chilly, I'm not sure how excited I am about going out there again anytime soon. There's always the treadmill.

About two miles into my run, I spotted a stalled minivan on the side of the road, less than 100 feet from a gas station entrance. The first time I ran by, I kept on going, but my conscience tugged at me (or was it the Holy Spirit?) and I turned around. I waved to the couple inside and asked if they needed some help pushing the van into the gas station. They accepted the offer, and the man came out to push alongside me while his wife steered. Shortly after we got the van moving, a third individual came from I have no idea where and provided additional support. In a few moments, the van was off the street, and I headed back home. It felt good to lend a helping hand, even if for just a moment.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

you're a good man charlie brown