Friday, April 24, 2009

Warming up

It's nice to finally be able to get outside without needing a bunch of layers to stay warm. I managed four miles yesterday morning -- right before the rain showed up.

Eight days until the Wisconsin Marathon, which has now reached capacity (2,000 runners between the half and full marathons). I didn't realize it until now, but the "out-and-back south" portion of the race comes within a tenth of a mile of the Wisconsin-Illinois border before heading back north. Getting to that turnaround point (and the long return to the finish) will likely be the toughest part of the race. I hope I can keep it together.

To ensure a place in the special starting corral, I plan to wear a Cheesehead Cowboy Hat, like the one seen on this page. I don't know how comfortable it will be after 26.2 miles of running, but it should add to the fun factor of the race.

If you plan to be out there watching, let me know, and I'll watch for you as I run by!

No comments: