Thursday, December 03, 2009

Cayman Islands Marathon this Sunday

I'm excited about my last big race of the year, which is the Cayman Islands Marathon, this Sunday at 5 a.m. local time (which is EST, so 4 a.m. for all you friends and relatives in Wisconsin).

I may be in the best shape of my life, but I'm not trying to get my hopes up too much. The temperature will hover between 75 and 80 most of the race, which is a bit too warm for a marathon. Still, I'll give it my best and run smart, and hopefully it will lead to a solid finish. A personal best is a stretch, but I still think I can go under four hours.

No real-time posting this race, as international calling and texting rates are through the roof, but I'll be sure to post after I get back to the hotel. Wish me luck! :)

No comments: