Monday, April 27, 2015

Steady as I Go

Well, the twins are nearing two months old, and I've managed to keep up the running -- to a certain extent. I'll run my first race of the year, the Kenosha Marathon, on Saturday. I prefer to get three 20-mile training runs done in advance of a race of this distance, but this time I managed just a single 15-miler. I've needed to take more rest days to handle family matters, and that's okay. I think my priorities are right where they should be. I don't plan on setting a PR on Saturday, but I hope to comfortably finish in four hours or less. I will be using Runmeter, so stay tuned to this blog and/or Facebook for race day updates.

I celebrated the achievement of 15,000 miles on January 24. My good friend, Mark, accompanied me on the run and presented me with a small trophy afterward. Thanks, buddy.

It's been a while since I've attended to the blog, so let's make a quick to-do list of what needs catching up:

  • Hope Run 5K Recap (June 6, 2014)
  • Fox Valley Marathon Recap (September 21, 2014)
  • Veterans Day 5K Recap (November 8, 2014)
  • Lots of marathon movies:
    • Minneapolis (June 2012)
    • Paavo Nurmi (Hurley, WI - August 2012)
    • Kenosha (May 2013)
    • Haunted Hustle (Middleton, WI - October 2013)
    • nohtaraM seitiC xoF (MCF) (Appleton, WI - March 2014)
    • Fox Valley (St. Charles, IL - September 2014)
One last note -- this Saturday's race will be my 31st marathon and my 34th race of marathon distance or greater.

Back to work.

No comments: