Here is my running log from early September through the end of the year (plus a little more). It has been relatively quiet (from a running standpoint) since I ran the Lakefront Marathon on October 2, but I am ramping things up for the Kenosha Marathon on May 6.
Some noteworthy items that appear on the log below:
1) I did not run while at Disneyworld from October 19-23. I got plenty of walking in, though.
2) I was sidelined by chicken pox in early November. I'm glad to be done with that.
3) The running total (far right column) shows that I am approaching 18,000 lifetime miles. If training goes well, I'll reach that milestone in a few months.
Wrapping up last year:
- I ran 1,472 miles. I have been logging miles since 2005. This past year was just barely above average (1,455 miles), ranking sixth out of twelve. For comparison purposes, the "busiest" year was 2007 (1,740 miles), and 2015 was the "laziest" at 1,221 miles.
- I ran three marathons. The first was an indoor event at the Pettit Center on 31-Jan, and the next two were visits to a course previously run. I completed my third Trailbreaker Marathon on April 2 and my second Lakefront Marathon on October 2. My best of the year was Lakefront (3:57:08), nowhere near my personal best (3:32:12, Fox Valley, 21-Sep-2014).
- I have now run 35 marathons, two 50-kilometer races, and one 50-miler in my lifetime.
This year, I plan to run my 39th race of marathon distance or greater in Kenosha on May 6, which will occur a month prior to my 39th birthday. I think completing more marathons than years I've been alive is a decent accomplishment.
Thanks to all who support me in this crazy habit, especially my wife and the rest of the family. You're all wonderful.

No comments:
Post a Comment