Monday, July 10, 2017

2017 Mid-Year Update

My running playlist has a crazy variety of songs. I especially like the ones that keep you moving and provide valuable advice at the same time. Before the cream sits out too long, you must whip it.

Today, I reached 1,000 miles for 2017. This is the earliest in the year that I have ever reached this point. If I keep this up, I will likely break my record for most miles in a calendar year (1,740 in 2007).

On Friday, I got a new GPS watch in the mail -- a Garmin Forerunner 235. It's a little pricey, but the purchase was long overdue; I obtained my previous watch as a Christmas gift in 2007. It is doing everything my old watch did, plus a lot more. I'm loving the wrist-based heart rate and all the 'smart' features and notifications that come up via a bluetooth connection to my phone. It's a little bossy -- it vibrates and tells me "Move!" when I've been sitting at my desk for too long, and it also suggests recovery time for me after each run. For example, after 10 miles on Saturday morning, it suggested I rest for 72 hours. Ha!

I'm still debating where to run a marathon in the fall. It will probably be somewhere within driving distance, but I'm not sure beyond that.

Finally, here's an image of my running log from March to June. My monthly mile totals are:
March: 203
April: 164
May: 155
June: 140


No comments: