In 2018, I ran a total of 1,716 miles. The only years in which I ran more were 2017 (2,017 miles) and 2007 (1,740 miles).
I ran four races:
May 5: Wisconsin Half Marathon (Kenosha) in 1:37:32 -- PERSONAL BEST
June 16: Lighthouse Run 10-mile in 1:14:39 -- Led Team SCJ to 2nd place in the corporate division
September 15: Rochester 5K in 21:38 -- 3rd overall
November 10: Veterans Day 20K (Kenosha) in 1:37:47 -- PERSONAL BEST / 1st age group / 7th overall
Perhaps the biggest surprise of the year is the race I didn't run. This is the first year since 2004 that I have NOT run a marathon. I had an opportunity to run one in Madison in November, but it was better from a logistics and financial standpoint to pick the local race (the Veterans Day 20K)., and I also get more excited about the potential for a top ten finish.
I've already signed up for two marathons in the spring of 2019 (Milwaukee on April 6 and Kenosha on May 4), so I'm likely to have completed 42 marathons before I turn 41.
Let's see if I can set a few more personal bests in 2019. Onward!
Monday, December 31, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment