| Miles 1-6 | 8:38 | 8:11 | 8:15 | 8:11 | 8:28 | 8:22 |
| Miles 7-12 | 8:15 | 8:20 | 8:01 | 8:37 | 8:40* | 8:43 |
| Final .38 mile: | 3:06 | (about 8:10 pace) | ||||
| *Note: Mile 11 covered 1.03 miles | ||||||
My final recorded time is 1:43:48, which corresponds to a pace of about 8:22 / mile. My official time will likely be a little bit slower than this, because I started my forerunner when I crossed the starting line (shortly after the race's actual start). Update: The official results are in. My official time is 1:43:59, corresponding to an average of 8:23 / mile.
Since I enjoyed making the graph of my 20-milers, here's a graph of today's run:

You'll notice that my split times in the last four miles are somewhat erratic. I think this is more the forerunner's fault than anything else. Some of the area had a lot of trees, so it was sometimes tough to get a clear signal. Lap 11 was actually 1.03 miles long. Averaging everything out, I had about an even split (first half about same pace as second half).
I finished within my goal pace, which was 8:30 / mile. I also checked my time at the 15K and the 10-mile marks, and I determined that I have set new personal records for each. This is a MAJOR confidence boost for me, and I think I will be setting my goal finishing time for the marathon at four hours!
1 comment:
Wow, that was a great run for you!
Thanks fot the update!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment