Saturday, September 17, 2005

More PRs!

According to my training schedule, I was supposed to run 4 miles at marathon pace. Instead, I headed to Wauwatosa for Joe's Run, Walk, and Roll, benefitting United Cerebral Palsy of Southeastern Wisconsin.

I obviously did the RUN part of it, and I set two personal bests -- 6:53 for the mile, and 21:47 for the 5K (averaging about 7 minutes a mile). My forerunner reported times faster than this, but I think it was being overly generous with me this morning.

There are two kinds of tired that you can feel after a run. Most of the time, I feel neither. After today's run, I felt winded. My legs were not tired at all, but I could tell that my lungs were feeling it. I could barely take in enough oxygen to keep such a fast pace. After a 20-mile run, my lungs will feel fine, but my legs will feel a little bit jelly-ish.

I'm taking it easy for the rest of today, and tomorrow's easy 12-miler should be a piece of cake!

No comments: