Even though I don't plan to run another marathon for quite a while, I'm still running 5-6 times a week. I haven't been doing too many long runs -- I've logged at least 20 miles in each of the past few weeks. I'm also doing more speedwork, which involves running faster for shorter periods of time.
In the coming months, I hope to set new personal records for most of the shorter distances on the list at right. This Saturday, I'm going to run a solo 10K "race" around the neighborhood. I hope to break 50 minutes. Since the high temperature is forecast to be in the teens, I'm calling it "Ben's Chilly 10K". On March 11, I'll probably in Wauwatosa for the Blarney 5K Run. There's a walking option, so feel free to join me!
I might do one or two more races in April to help with my preparation for the Big Lake Half Marathon on May 13 in New Hampshire. Yes, New Hampshire. I'll explain the reasoning behind that choice in a later blog entry.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment