I apologize for the lack of updates over the past few weeks. I'm happy to report that training for the Portland Marathon is going very well. Since the Lighthouse Run, I've logged over 300 miles. Here are a few highlights:
Sunday, July 10: I ran ten miles in the area of Wisconsin that many people call "up north", through the towns of Minocqua, Woodruff, and Arbor Vitae. It was a great change of scenery from my usual runs.
Saturday, July 29: This was a VERY hot day. I was supposed to run nine miles at marathon pace. However, I started the run late (after 10 a.m.), I was running faster than marathon pace, and the temperature was quickly rising. Figuring that running two more miles would do more harm than good, I decided to stop at seven miles.
Sunday, August 6: I got caught in a downpour while running a 19-miler. Thankfully, I was less than a mile from home. I grabbed my rain jacket and finished the last few miles in a relatively dry state.
Tomorrow is the first of three 20-milers that I'll run in preparation for the marathon. I hope all goes well.
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment