I started off the race a bit quick, but it wasn't long before I settled into a 7:00/mile pace. The course had tons of hills -- rarely was there a flat stretch. Up and down, up and down, I kept forcing myself to just get over the next hill. My GPS paced the first two miles at 7:00 each, and I wasn't getting too tired yet. The third mile was more of the same, and it also clocked at about 7:00. However, it must not have been perfectly accurate, becuase it measured another .22 miles to the finish.
I finished 22:16, enough to get third place for my age group (M20-29). The award was a bit of a surprise, considering that the winner finished in about 18 minutes.
Many thanks to Andrew, Holly, Ella, and Lily for all of their support, and for waiting around even longer so that I could get my medal!
No comments:
Post a Comment