Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shoes A-Plenty


I'm pretty much fully recovered from the Wisconsin Marathon. I've been running between 3-5 miles every other day, including a 4-miler today in a new pair of shoes, which leads me to the main topic for this post:

I now have FOUR pairs of running shoes in "active" status:

Saucony ProGrid Omni 6 Ultimate -- I've had these for a while, but since I alternated them with other shoes, they are still pretty comfortable. I ran the Wisconsin Marathon in these shoes.

Saucony ProGrid Omni 7 Ultimate -- I got these for Christmas. I haven't run any races in them yet, but they've been great for training.

Saucony Grid Labyrinth -- I got these trail shoes on clearance earlier this year for about $25. I've only worn them a couple of times. If I do more rugged trail running in the future, these shoes will be a big part of the fun.

Saucony Grid Fastwitch 3 -- I just got these yesterday. They are "racing shoes", because they are about 40% lighter than my other pairs. They're not as supportive, so I'm not sure I could do 26 miles in them, but I could definitely do a 5K or 10K without any issues. This is the pair I wore this morning, and I did feel a little bit faster. Perhaps I should find a 5K to run in the near future to see if I can challenge my PR.

No comments: