Yeah, I'm still running. Though I haven't been in any official races since July, I've been logging about twenty miles a week. Here's a few notes:
I have run on several occasions while pushing Eliana in a jogging stroller. Not including breaks to check on my baby girl, I can manage a 10:00/mile pace pretty easily. I hope to bring Eliana with me for the Skeleton Skamper in Mount Pleasant on October 29. The race is stroller friendly. If all goes well, I'll finish and set a with-stroller half marathon personal best.
I haven't signed up for it, but I have an interest in running the Rails to Trails Marathon on Sunday, November 6. That might be a bit much, though. We'll see.
My personal odometer is at 9,653. I can't make any guarantees, but I'll probably hit ten thousand before spring is here.
I've taken on an additional exercise commitment. On July 1, a friend of mine started by doing one push-up and one sit-up, and increased that number by one each day. I joined in a bit late on July 12, doing twelve of each. Yesterday, I completed 96 of each, and I'll hit 100 on Saturday. The plan is to go no higher than 100. I wonder how tough it will be to keep doing 100 day after day. I'll stay with it as long as I can.
Wednesday, October 05, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment