Friday, January 06, 2012

Ten Thousand Miles!

I didn't realize it at the time, but as I ran a few late night miles on the treadmill in my basement on New Year's Day, I reached a pretty significant milestone on my lifetime odometer.

Yep. Since I started keeping track of miles in October 2004, I have logged 10,000 miles of running.

I thought about having a big party to celebrate. However, the timing didn't work out too great. So, perhaps I'll schedule a celebration once I'm nearing 11,000 miles. That will probably be in the fall, so I could include an opportunity to join me as I complete mile number 11,000. Yeah, that could be fun. If you have any 11,000-mile party ideas, send them my way in the next several months.

Other news in Ben's running world:
1) I'm running the half marathon in Kenosha in May. My friend, David, will be joining me again. Will we be even cheesier than last year? Only time will tell.
2) Since breaking the 10,000-mile mark, I haven't run at all because of a pretty nasty bug. At one point, I was so weak that climbing a single flight of stairs left me winded. That's a very humbling experience for someone who once ran fifty miles in nine hours and didn't even look tired afterward. I'm feeling better today, so I might try a few miles at lunch.

No comments: