Here's the REALLY cool part. For those who are linked to me on Facebook, there will be posts directly on Facebook, again made by Runmeter. If you comment on any of these posts while I am still out running, the Runmeter app will speak your comment to me. I'll hear it loud and clear because I'll have headphones on!
If you could post a comment or two during the race, I would *really* appreciate it. It's amazingly encouraging to know that others are cheering me on. My plan is to finish between 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., hopefully beating my personal best of 3:43:06.
I am also hoping that there are no technical glitches during the race. Just so you're aware, any or all of the following could happen:
- The GPS tracking on the phone could go haywire, and it will report me as going super-fast or super-slow. My advice is not to panic if you see me slowing down. More than likely, it's a technical problem. I'll try and find some way to share my actual pace if I notice that the tracking is off. In all the runs I've done with Runmeter, I only had a problem with the GPS once.
- I've never used Runmeter for a full marathon, so there's a chance that I will run out of battery power before I reach the finish. So, don't worry if the posts stop near the end. Again, I'll try to find some way to notify folks of my finish time.
Thanks in advance for your support. Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment