Thursday, August 09, 2012
For Pete's Sake 5K
You can't quite read it from the picture, but I got the blue bracelet when I registered on race morning for the For Pete's Sake 5K run in Kenosha on July 14. It was two weeks after a new 5K PR, so I wasn't expecting anything big.
The course headed north from the Southport Beach House and nearly reached the downtown area before turning back for the finish.
I set a pretty quick pace in the early going. I reached the first mile marker in 6:32, but my Garmin showed only 0.98 miles run. I stayed strong in the second mile, reaching the marker at 13:04. Again, my Garmin showed less than two miles run (about 1.97), so I wasn't quite at PR pace. There was no third mile marker, but I think I was there in about 19:45. I ended up crossing the finish at 20:39 on my watch.
My official time was 20:37 -- just three seconds off my PR -- and good enough for 15th place overall. I'll take it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment