It seems like forever since I've had the opportunity to run outside. With highs in the 50s today, it's the perfect chance to join some work buddies at lunchtime and get in a few miles.
Since my last post, I've been averaging 35 miles a week, thanks to a treadmill in my basement and the treadmills at the company fitness center. With two young kids at home, I'll go running just about whenever I can fit it in. A supportive wife is key, and mine is beyond wonderful. Last weekend's 20-miler was a late Saturday effort (9:00 p.m. - 12:15 a.m.). I've got a number of things to keep me entertained while logging the miles, including free movies / TV shows via Amazon Prime and a Playstation 2. Yes, I can play while running. :)
Things are looking good for the Kenosha Marathon on May 4. The mileage is slightly reduced this weekend, and then I'll get in one final 20-miler next weekend, hopefully outside. I should be in good shape to break four hours, but it's hard to tell if I can challenge my PR from Minneapolis last year (3:37:30).
I have a twitter account now. I don't put much on it beyond the mile counts, but who knows when I'll put more interesting info there. http://twitter.com/marathonbenj
Finally, here's some exciting news. I have now reached 12,000 miles on my lifetime odometer! That's almost half way around the world! Onward!
Thursday, April 04, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment