Friday, January 10, 2014

2013 - Year in Review

In 2013, I ran a total of 1,655 miles. This is second highest. Only 2007 had more -- 1,740. You might wonder why 2010 did not have more miles, as I trained for an ran a 50-miler in the fall. There was a 16-week period where I logged, on average, more than 50 miles a week, but I did not run much at all in January, February, March, November, or December.

Here's a full list of years and miles run:
Year - Miles
2004 - 120
2005 - 1417
2006 - 1618
2007 - 1740
2008 - 1289
2009 - 959
2010 - 1457
2011 - 1391
2012 - 1550
2013 - 1655

In 2013, I ran six races:

  • Two 5Ks: Cree Cruise (21:14), Stuff the Sleigh (20:30 -- new PR)
  • Two marathons: Kenosha (3:33:39 -- new PR), Middleton (3:36:49)
  • One 10-miler: Lighthouse Run (1:11:57 -- new PR)
  • One 10K: Firecracker Run (43:46 -- new PR)
Four PRs in six races. I'm thrilled with that. It's exciting that I can still set personal records at the age of 35. I hope to continue the trend in 2014.

My lifetime odometer (as of December 31) was 13,196. I'm more than half way around the world, and I hope to complete the journey before the end of my days.

No comments: