One of my favorite Christmas gifts this year is the North Face Anamagi Jacket that I got from my parents. One was available in the color and size I wanted at the outlet in Pleasant Prairie. This is a lightweight but very warm jacket, perfect for running in cold weather.
With the deep freeze that occurred, I wasn't able to take it out for a test run until two days ago (Friday). I ran about five miles with some work buddies at lunch time. Temps were in the high 20s. A cold wind was blowing off the lake, and I could feel a chill in my extremities, but everything covered by the jacket was toasty warm.
I got out today as well. Temps were in the high 30s. I threw on my running clothes, including the jacket, as soon as I got both kids down for a nap. Jenelle said I looked as happy as a kid on Christmas morning as I bolted out the door. I ran mostly south to a friend's house. There was a headwind, and there were several spots on the sidewalk with puddles and/or ice, but I managed okay. I enjoyed the return trip with the tailwind -- in fact, I had to unzip the jacket a little bit because I was getting so warm! I logged 7.65 miles in 65 minutes.
2014 is off to a great start. I've already signed up for the Wisconsin Half Marathon on May 3, and I'm considering a marathon between now and then. Let's fly!
Sunday, January 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment