This Saturday is the "MCF". I'll be running the Fox Cities Marathon course in reverse, starting at 7:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time. This is a fairly small race -- I estimate 100 combined participants in either the half or full marathon. Roads are open to traffic, so I may find myself waiting to cross at an intersection. This is more of a fun run, but I will get a medal when I finish. I'm in excellent running shape, so I hope to post a respectable time.
While I could use the Runmeter app to track my progress, the battery on my iPhone 3GS is not what it used to be, so I'll be using Twitter instead. You can go directly to my twitter feed to see the latest updates, or simply view it in the top of the right side column on this page.
The updates will be short. You may see something like "2 mi in 1600", which means I'm done with two miles in sixteen minutes. I hope to post every few miles, but don't panic if you don't see updates that frequently. It's hard to anticipate what kind of technical issues may come up while out on a run.
If you're on Twitter, you are welcome to reply, and I will see the responses right away. To those who are friends with me on Facebook: The tweets will be simultaneously posted on Facebook, and I have set up my phone to alert me whenever someone comments on a post. So, feel free to comment with encouraging words during the race.
Less than 42 hours until the fun begins.
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment