Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hamster Miles Galore

We haven't had temperatures above freezing in about a month. With no place to put all the snow, there's no good place to run outside where I'm not at risk of slipping and falling.

So, I'm logging plenty of miles on the treadmill in the basement. I have it set up so that I can watch DVDs, check out all kinds of streaming video on the Roku, or even use my Playstation 2 while I'm running. I am perfectly comfortable with 15+ mile late-night or early-morning efforts. Each of the past three weekends has included a long run (17, 20, 17). My complete log is on my twitter feed.

It's still early in the year, but I've run 214 miles in 41 days. It's still early, but if I continue at this rate, I'll run about 1,900 miles, which would be the most I've ever done in a calendar year.

I've added a marathon to the calendar for March 15. It is the "nohtaraM seitiC xoF", which is a running of the Fox Cities Marathon course in reverse. It's a smaller race, but I think it will be fun. There's a chance that I'll set a PR, because I've been getting in plenty of long runs to stay in prime marathoning shape.


No comments: