Today's 5K race was lots of fun. There wasn't an official start, and the race actually was about 3.3 miles long instead of 3.1 but I timed myself at 22:09 for the first 5K. This is a little bit short of my PR, but I wasn't really pushing it. I've got to save some energy for next weekend.
Speaking of next weekend, I'll be making the same kind of real-time updates in Seattle that I made during Milwaukee's Lakefront Marathon last month. So, check this blog starting at 8 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on Sunday, November 27 (that's 10 a.m. in the Midwest).
My main goals for the Seattle Marathon are 1) to set a new personal record and 2) finish with an "even split" or better, meaning that the second half of the race is run equally fast or faster than the first half. Because I've spent way too much time thinking about my goal pace, I've made a spreadsheet with seven different pace possibilities, all of which have an even split or better. Depending on how I'm feeling on race day, I'll choose a different color. I might stay conservative and go with red or orange. I might push it a little bit and try for yellow or green. If I can't hold myself back, maybe I'll try for blue or purple. If I've never felt better IN MY ENTIRE life, I'll run the silver pace.
It's more likely that I'll end up on the left side of the pace chart than the right, but I always like having a multitude of possibilities.
Sunday, November 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment