Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Racing Season 2012

I logged 208 miles this past month, which is the fifth most on record. The only months that had more were:

August 2010 - 250 miles
September 2010 - 226 miles
March 2008 - 214 miles
July 2010 - 209 miles

In 2010, I was gearing up for the Fall 50, and March 2008 was prime training for my first 50K.

I am excited about the races I have planned over the next several weeks. I'm hoping to shatter my half marathon personal best at the Wisconsin Half Marathon this Saturday. On June 3, I'll be taking on the Minneapolis Marathon. If it's not too hot, I'll go for another personal record. Two weeks later is the Lighthouse Run in Racine. I don't know if I can improve on my stellar performance last year, but I'll try. Finally, there's the Freedom 5K on July 1 in St. Germain, where I've won a few age group awards in past years. It's hard to say where I'll be two months from now, but a 5K under twenty minutes would be really, really sweet.

In other news, I'm trying an iPhone app, RunMeter, that can automatically e-mail subscribers with a link to a map of my run while it is in progress. If you're interested in receiving e-mail updates, let me know by posting a comment.

No comments: