I ran 15 miles yesterday, considering it a practice run for next week's marathon in Grand Rapids. Everything went perfectly -- I was neither under-hydrated nor over-hydrated. I ate a Clif Bar starting at mile 4, and I had two energy gels at miles 9.5 and 13. The last mile of my training run was also the fastest of the run, and I think I could have kept going.
Now, my pace yesterday was about a minute per mile slower than what it will be in Grand Rapids, but I still think things are looking great. I've got a four-miler tomorrow, a three-miler on Wednesday, rest on Thursday, rest on Friday, a two-miler on Saturday, and then it's RACE TIME!
Medal pictures: If you check out the Marathon History link on the right, you can now see images of all the marathon medals I've won. Pretty neat, eh?
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment